Sunday, March 29, 2020

Home by Ben Rasnic

In a dream
I am at the home place
where I was born
and raised.

My father,
alive again,
is plowing the large garden tract
beyond the back hillside.

My mother, healthy
and vibrant again,
is nurturing her prized roses
with tender loving care.

The middle brother & I
take turns burning fastballs
into the other’s genuine
cowhide Rawlings while

the oldest reclines
in the front porch lounge chair,
absorbed in the latest
Bradbury novel.

And it all seems
so present, so vivid, so real.

It has been written
“You can’t go home again.”

But closer to the truth,
you never leave.



Ben Rasnic currently resides in Bowie, Maryland. Author of four published collections (three available from
amazon.com), Ben's poems have been nominated for Best of the Net and the Pushcart Prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment