Saturday, October 20, 2018

looking for something better by J.J. Campbell

i am in love with a
woman that wishes
i wasn't

she constantly 
reminds me that
she's looking for
something better

i know she will
eventually find it

for now, i can
still dream that 
the impossible
has a chance

eventually,
loneliness will
reclaim her space

as my only constant
companion



J.J. Campbell (1976 - ?) is currently trapped in the suburbs, wondering where all the lonely housewives have gone. He's been widely published over the years, most recently at The Dope Fiend Daily, Lucidity Poetry Journal, Horror Sleaze Trash, Academy of the Heart and Mind and The Rye Whiskey Review. His most recent chapbook, the taste of blood on christmas morning, was published by Analog Submission Press. You can find him most days on his mildly entertaining blog, evil delights. (http://evildelights.blogspot.com)

1 comment:

  1. JJ! ONCE agaaaaain, very Depressing! But I guess Id better get used to that because thats your MO, HUH?; your Staple!... I like this little poem; Simple & Sweet(NOT the idea it expresses but the expression of the idea-as OLD and as Familiar as The Hills!0=BUT ISNT it though?)... WHat I say is a song of Diana Ross': "GOOD Morning Heartache!; Sit Down!..." Well, its not bad ot Dream, but then if UR deluding yourself, but then if theres the choice of that of facing the ever-present Loneliness, the Better of Two Evils Right?!... AT least you can have SOME Happiness pretending that it will work out & you both will be together in the end, even though you know deep in your soul you are lying to yourself... Self-Delusion DOES have its Place & Chronically Fated Lonely people DO need their "Fixes"... But the "coming Up" would have "been WORTH the Eventual 'Going Down'"(Kris Kristofferson). Why cant you get a long-term girlfriend? It just doesntsnt happen for U?.... U arent attractive; obviously attractive; NOT boring!; a writer... I ave a very a very very hard time finding long-term relationships myself, & sometime feel its a God\Fate thing, likr Im cursed, pointed out for this & no matter what I do nor HOW attractive & personable I am, it will always end up tjis way=Hopelessness; Despair!... I feel I am NOT like other people & DONT get to decide my own destiny; Fate\God\The 'FORCE' Etc have decided it for me Eons ago & I am just the pawn of a Destiny already "rigged"... Do U feel like that sometimes?... Now look whose depressing WHO?1 Ironic Huh?!... I live of moments of Happiness Here & There; A Few Drops of Happiness in This Life has had endure a Lifetime of Loneliness and still ONgoing...
    -Cheers Mate; Hoe UR Well!; Deborah

    ReplyDelete